Evaporative air conditioning repairs, checks, breakdowns, installation, parts – for all major brands.
Your air conditioner pads – filter and collect dust, pollens, and a variety of air bourne material – which need to be cleaned out regularly.
Our technicians wash and clean out your pads, and system – when you organise a regular evaporative air conditioning service.
What is an air conditioning pad?
The most common pad used for evaporative coolers is Aspen Pad. They are mode of Aspen tree wood shavings, enclosed in a mesh bag – in sizes to suit the cooler louvres of a variety of air conditioning brands.
The Aspen shavings absorb and release water very efficiently – making them an excellent medium for cooling the passing air as it’s drawn into your home.
CELdek Pads are more efficient than Aspen Pads, and are constructed of cellulose paper made up into honeycomb textured blocks. These blocks are available in different thicknesses, and are sized to suit a variety of manufacturer’s airconditioners.
Aspen Pads cost less to manufacture than CELdek Pads.
How often do you need to replace the pads?
Manufacturers recommend that with regular care and maintenance, Aspen Pads need replacing every 3-4 years, and CELdek Pads can last up to 6 or 7 years.
In areas where water has a high level of dissolved mineralised salts, your pads will need replacing earlier.
Evaporative air conditioning service pads take in and release through evaporation a great deal of water, and depending on the water quality (+ more importantly the amount of dissolved minerals in the water) – will concentrate these minerals in the air conditioner’s reservoir base.
In the pan, this concentration of salt and other minerals is constantly recycled through the pads, pumps, and float valves. These parts and the actual air conditioner shell (particularly anything metal) that has contact with this concentrate, will degrade from this contact – by rusting, and exposing exhibiting mineral deposit build up.
Evaporative air conditioning inspection schedule & checks:
Schedule – 10 Point Check List
- Inspect Clean and Flush Filter Pads report on wear & condition.
- Drain & Clean Water Reservoir remove dirt & mud build up. Clean Pump Basket Filter & Distributor Channels.
- Clean & Check Ball Float & Valve operation. Adjust water level Management System.
- Lubricant application to Blower Shaft & Bearing Housing. Test run to check Motor & Shaft Bearings for noise & wear.
- Adjust Vee Belt tension & Pulley alignment, report on wear & condition.
- Check Axial Fan alignment & Screw tension – set and adjust. Check Fan speed, controls and settings.
- Measure Motor current, visually inspect electrical components & integrity of connections.
- Test & Clean Dump Valve, operate & set to manufactures’ standards. Monitor water flow rate & adjust bleed off control.
- Verify airflows, Visual inspection of Ducting, Connections & Outlets.
- Apply spray seal protective coating to required components; observe condition of all Flashings, Bolts and Fastenings.
- Add Easy Dose if requested
Please contact us today for evaporative air conditioning repairs, checks, or parts – by phone, enquiry form, or email.
Let us open up, check, and report on your evaporative air conditioner.
Let us shut down your evaporative air conditioner for winter.