The once-in-a-lifetime storm has hit Adelaide. If your property has suffered any effects your entire plumbing system should be checked over as storms and related flooding can create significant hidden damage.
Sharpe technicians can attend within the hour. Phone: 131 750
The long-term effect of undiagnosed plumbing leaks is expensive repairs in the months ahead so it pays to check your property thoroughly after the storm front has passed through. If you discover any leaks or other problems call Sharpe on 131 750.
Here’s a basic safety checklist for householders:
After the storm risks have subsided:
- Make sure there are no downed powerlines before carefully walking around your property checking for any obvious damage to pipes and plumbing. Also be aware that there may be broken glass, fallen tree limbs or other dangerous objects blown around or into your property by the high winds. Call Sharpe on 131 750 if you need plumbing repairs made.
- If everything looks OK, make sure all household taps are turned off and then check to see if your mains water meter dial is turning. If it is this indicates a leak somewhere in the system. Call Sharpe on 131 750.
- Be aware that tap water may be contaminated if your street has suffered flooding or landslides. Warning signs are smelly or dirty water. Run the taps until the water is clear.
- Make sure all the toilets in your house are flushing away before letting family members use them. If your bathrooms or toilets have suffered any flooding, either from rising water or storm damage to the building, call Sharpe immediately on 131 750.
- Check the SES website for updates and warnings at ses.sa.gov.au