Switch on to safety
Switchboards are the beating heart of a property’s electrical system but few people give them a second thought. Until something goes wrong.
Only last week Adelaide firefighters fought to save a house from fire caused by an undetected electrical fault. If your switchboard looks anything like the one in this picture, you should call us immediately as this is old and dangerous.
Some people are so wary of electricity that they don’t have the courage to open a switchboard door to see what’s inside. If it’s working OK, just leave it alone is the attitude.
However, our modern lifestyle, with all its associated gadgets and electrical components, is putting a huge strain on older switchboards. Safety standards have changed over the past decade but many properties still have outdated safety devices connected to circuits trying to cope with the higher current many modern household components draw.
Not only that, this time of year it’s not uncommon for rainwater to enter a switchboard and stay there for months. Everyone knows water and electricity don’t mix!
The simple solution is to get your switchboard checked and tested by one of our fully-qualified technicians.
One reason people don’t want to know about the state of their switchboard is they consider any upgrades will be prohibitively expensive. Often this isn’t the case. For example a simple upgrade with combination safety-switch and circuit-breaker devices is very affordable and ensures peace of mind for your family.
Call us today to discuss how we can make your house as safe as possible.