A recent fatal unit fire in Adelaide has put the spotlight on gas appliance safety.
The Metropolitan Fire Service warned about the potential dangers of using gas bottles inside buildings without adequate ventilation after an elderly man died after a gas cylinder exploded.
Neighbours described a “wall of flames” as firefighters arrived to stop the inferno spreading to adjoining units.
“To have an apartment explosion like that and have no one else hurt is pretty remarkable,” an MFS spokesperson told media.
Householders often take gas safety for granted. The only way to know for sure if you have harmful gas leaking inside your home is to get a CO2 alarm professionally installed.
You must only use certified plumbers and gas fitters to carry out any work on your gas appliances, such as heaters, hot water systems and stoves.
It also is important to get regular servicing and safety checks of gas supply lines, regulators and make sure all appliances are running safely.
- Gas Heater, Hot Water Service or Stove due for a Service or Repair?
- Put a gas safety check by a professional on the top of your “to-do” list.
- Use Easy Book online or call Sharpe Services so our certified technicians can make you safe and sound this winter.
- All Sharpe staff are COVID-19 Aware, and are Responsible, Sanitised and Up to Date – Adopting Best Practice.