How dangerous is gas heating?
Inadequate ventilation, bad installation and poor maintenance can turn a gas heater, even a water heater, into a deadly device.
These factors are a vital consideration in winter, when everyone is huddled inside.
The well published case of a woman who died of carbon-monoxide poisoning in South Australia in 2018 has been a big wake-up call for anyone with gas heating.
The woman was found unconscious on the floor of a shower at a country property. An inquest was told a gas water heater had been installed incorrectly 22 years before and never serviced.
If you have a gas heating appliance in your house get it serviced now for safe operation. Drowsiness is the first sign of deadly carbon-monoxide poisoning.
A Sharpe Services technician can check and test any gas appliance, ensuring the safety of you and your loved ones.
- When did you last have your gas room heater, water heater or stove professionally checked?
- Do you feel drowsy when you sit in front of your heater for an hour or so?
- Did you know that a gas heater that isn’t performing properly will cost more to run?
- Use Easy Book online or call Sharpe Services so our experts can make sure your solar is performing at peak efficiency.