ASK THE EXPERT ELECTRICIAN
Rewiring a House
House Rewiring is an important step in protecting your home from possible electrical hazards caused by old wiring and bad electrical connections.
Our qualified master electricians are trained to comply with all Australian standards relating to your home rewiring so you can be sure that your property is in good hands.
Electrical Services – Adelaide
Upgrade old wiring
Generally, wiring in homes is designed to last about 35 years. One indication of older wiring is the presence of fuses in the switchboard – instead of circuit breakers.
Home electrical wiring not designed for today’s appliances end up over-loaded and potentially dangerous.
We can also replace fuses with circuit breakers, safety switches, and surge protectors – to make your home a safe place, and protect valuable electrical items from damage.
An electrical rewiring upgrade helps to ensure that your home wiring is equipped to meet your electrical needs and protect your family and property.
We can carry out an electrical safety inspection on your home to determine whether there are any safety issues and upgrade requirements in your electrical rewiring. Fuse boards, cables, switches and powerpoint outlets deteriorate over time and require regular checking.
It is recommended that all houses have their electrical wiring systems checked at least every ten years.
Many fires each year are started in homes by old or faulty electrical wiring. The safety of the electrics in your home is our priority.
Does my house need rewiring?
There are several signs which indicate your home could need rewiring but we always recommend a full electrical safety check to identify specific issues.
- Tingling Taps (Shocks from Taps) – This is often a warning sign that your home or office’s electric wiring or fuse board is faulty and that the water pipes are being used to earth to building’s power.
- Flickering Lights – Often overlooked as nothing serious, but constant and severe drops in lighting is likely a result of circuit overloads or faulty connections that need to be discussed with a certified electrician.
- Age – if your home is over 35 years old and has not been rewired before the wiring insulation could be degraded or damaged.
- Tripping – old wiring struggles to stand up to the demands of modern home appliances, often causing the safety switch or fuse to repeatedly trip.
- Damage – loose or damaged wiring may cause an arch and spark which can result in a small fire which damages the power point. This can present in a discolouration, charring or the slight melting of the power point cover material.
- Burning smell – a persistent burning smell in the house which can’t be identified could indicate overheating of electrical wiring.
- Flood – if your home has experienced damage from flooding or any other significant water damage (eg. from a fire hose) your wiring or the area around the wiring could become weakened or faulty.
These are just a few of the issues which can result in the need for a rewire. Sharpe Group carry out home wiring, home electrical services and all residential wiring that leads to a complete rewiring service.
The cost of rewiring a house
The costs involved in rewiring your house can vary greatly from rewire to rewire depending on factors such as:
- type of house – brick, timber, fibro, etc
- number of levels
- ease of access to wiring
- number of large appliances – hot water systems, solar power, oven, stove, etc
- switchboard replacement requirements
- number of power points
- size of your home
- number of light fittings and switches
Whatever the requirements call in to find out more and get a quick electrical quotation for house rewiring.
We provide a detailed house rewire quote
Our master electrician will provide a detailed electrical quote for your house rewire. No surprises. The quote will identify the specific costs involved in the rewiring of your home. Our electricians will be happy to answer any questions you might have about the work involved before, during or after completion. You will be issued with a Certificate of Compliance for your records when the work is finished.
Defective electrical wiring can be a serious fire risk to your home, it can also present an electric shock hazard to your family. Electrical repairs are supposed to be undertaken as soon as a fault comes up. Sharpe has emergency electrical services so call anytime on 131 750.
It is illegal for anyone but a qualified electrician to do any domestic wiring or house rewiring. Even if the work has been done to a standard it will not pass certification. Our electrical team are all trained, qualified, licenced and insured to carry out your electrical rewiring.
Sharpe Group Electricians
Our master electricians have experience rewiring everything from residential homes to home renovations and commercial fit outs. Our team take pride in their work and are trained in all aspects of electrical safety. They can wire inside and outside, new buildings or old structures depending on your requirements. How much does rewiring a house cost?
We provide detailed Electrical services in Adelaide
Sharpe is the name to trust when it comes to electrical in Adelaide. Because we have a large team of qualified local electricians in Adelaide who can provide a truly local service. When you call the office, our efficient administration team will ask you where you live and they will schedule the closest electrician.
Licensed Electrician with the best tools and equipment
We only employ fully trained Master Electricians and we are a member of the Master Electricians Australia. Our Electricians drive a fully stocked service vehicle with the full range of common stock items as well as an electric eel and all other tools and ladders.